The Job — Voice Captioner for Caption Colorado
Location — Work from home
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
- Produce near instantaneous transcription of the spoken word into text as close to verbatim as possible using speech recognition technology.
- Plan ahead for scheduled programs and events by conducting research related to the correct spelling of words and names, etc. likely to be referenced in the event.
- Record notes as needed and as per company procedures.
- Participate in ongoing trainings as needed.
- Achieved a voice writing certification with high degree of accuracy (98.5% or better). Broadcast captioning specialization preferred. Prior experience may also be considered.
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of a dictionary of news vocabulary
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently; a clear speaking voice and excellent enunciation skills
- Dedicated to ongoing process of improving skills throughout career
- Good cultural and news general knowledge
- Detail oriented, follows procedures
- Some technical familiarity with computers
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Reliable and punctual; exceptional customer service skills, team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and able to learn new systems quickly
Schedule — Part time initially, potential for full time
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Health insurance offered once full time.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.