Location — Work at home, or at office locations in Texas, California or Georgia.
Job Responsibilities —
The Underwriter is responsible for providing timely and accurate decisions on conventional loans processed to FNMA, FHLMC, and private investor requirements. Direct Endorsement Underwriters and VA Automatic Underwriters are to provide timely and accurate decision on FHA/VA loans in conformance with agency requirements.
- Manually underwrite conventional, FHA, and VA loans and appraisals in accordance with investor guidelines and company policy.
- Complete decision documents in LOS system.
- Upload and file applicable documents into Imaging system
- Communicate decisions to originators and processors
- Assist Team Lead as directed.
- Provide direction and training to junior underwriters, coordinators, and sales staff
- Review loans for second signature up to authority level.
- Submit exceptions to and track responses from private investors as needed.
- Ability to review documents and spot inconsistencies and errors
- Ability to accurately calculate income in accordance with standard industry practice.
- Ability to review appraisals, assess accurate and appropriate data, and determine value range
- Accuracy in data input.
- Ability to review guidelines, memos, manuals; absorb and comprehend information; incorporate changing guidelines into everyday work.
- Excellent oral skills required.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment that often demands multiple tasks in a short time frame.
- Able to make accurate and timely decisions
- Training and mentoring skills are required.
- Familiar with government and conventional agency Underwriting Guidelines.
- Familiar with input into and use of Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector.
- Familiar with credit reports and credit standards.
- Familiar with standard appraisal practices.
- Familiar with major correspondent lenders (Wells Fargo, Bank of America, GMAC, Chase, etc.)
Schedule — Full time flexible.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised.
Benefits — None advertised on the job listing, check during application process.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.