The Job — Threat Researcher for Proofpoint
Location — Telecommute available.
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
- Analyze malware and threat data from internal and external sources, both self-directed and in response to customer inquiries.
- Analyze threat campaigns, author customer-specific threat reports, and publish research results around specific verticals or geographic locations.
- Maintain a list of current events, threats, and other information that our customers should be aware of.
- Report and disseminate information to our most important customers on threats that may affect them, such as emerging malware, security developments and insightful summaries of current events.
- Collaborate on research projects with the threat research team..
- Leverage our threat database of millions of malware samples and produce data and reports that protect our customers.
- Work effectively as part of a remote team using chat, video chat and conference calls
- A well-rounded understanding of the malware and information security threat landscape. You should love this field and have a passion for learning.
- The ability to make a hypothesis based on your threat research, prove it using our data, and communicate that information to our customers.
- Present complex technical topics to senior managers, our customers and internally.
- Creative ideas around threat research and using big data to manifest them
- Ability to comfortably communicate directly with customers and the security community.
- Experience with Python, MongoDB, or other scripting languages.
- Demonstrable understanding of internet threat landscape
- 3-5 years experience with malware analysis
- Motivation to dig through internal and open source data to find threat information and use it to provide value to customers
- Deep curiosity and a drive to understand malware and how it works
Schedule — Full time, flexible
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor reviews on Proofpoint.
Benefits — None advertised.
More Information — Review and apply with Proofpoint here.