The Job — Tech Support Advisor for TDS Telecom
Location — Work from home after introductory period
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
The Tech Support Advisor position is a shift position that provides 7/24/365 support of TDS customers. Specifically, this position will:
Provide first contact support for residential and small business customers to resolve service repair/installation, video, voice and HSD connectivity issues
Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers’ expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
Answer calls in a Call Center environment, generating trouble tickets and updating tickets, as needed, until the issue is resolved
Interface between customers and technicians by effectively gathering the required information from customers via scripts and troubleshooting experience and documenting them in a trouble ticket.
- Technical certification or above -OR- 6 months experience in basic troubleshooting and diagnostic support for video, voice and internet products and services -OR- current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- 6+ months customer service, help desk, or call center experience.
- 1+ years experience using a PC.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers’ needs.
- Call Center or Help Desk experience
- Preferred Associate Degree or Technical Certification in a Computer related field
- Understanding of the telecommunication industry
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services
- Problem solving skills (i.e. customer complaint handling, problem identification, escalations)
- Experience with (but not limited to) ACD, trouble ticketing systems, plant record or inventory systems, software skills in business applications, such as spreadsheets, database applications and word documents
- Ability to adhere to schedule
Schedule — Call center environment, will require nights and weekends.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — $14.70 to start advertised.
Benefits — Full benefits offered.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.