Location — Work from home, this position is for Oregon residents.
Job Responsibilities — From the Connections Academy website:
- Complete all grading, create report cards and conduct parent conferences in a timely and manner
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions.
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects.
- Work collaboratively with a team of teachers to ensure that all students on the team’s caseload are successfully progressing through the program that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed evenly amongst the team members.
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects.
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and curriculum specialists through use of computer and telephone.
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative files, online student and family information, attendance accounting, and logging all student and parent contacts.
- Work with Advisory Teachers and School counselor to ensure students and families are receiving appropriate communications, students are making adequate progress and established goals are being met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid teacher certification in Oregon (Dual certified and/or Special Ed Certified is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Multiple certifications a plus
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Ability to work remotely
- Must own a computer with high speed Internet access that meets Connections Academy’s minimum technology specifications (http://www.connectionsacademy.com/technology/technology_requirements.asp).
- During the time that Teacher is subbing, must be available Monday – Friday during normal business hours
- Complete required orientation and training programs upon hire and at the beginning of each school year
- Attend training and/or meetings at the Baltimore office throughout the school year
- Comply with all provisions of the Connections Academy Work At-Home Policy
Schedule — Full time, some evening work required.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here to read Glassdoor reviews.
Benefits –Yes, click here for details.
More Information — Review and apply with Connections Academy.