Location — Telecommute
Job Responsibilities — From the company job page:
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe® Connect™;
- Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
- Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis;
- Update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
- Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourages consistent interaction with the course(s);
- Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
- Consult with team members and CL administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling students through differentiation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
- Support high-needs/at-risk students with alternate instructional strategies and provide additional assistance with assignments and projects as needed;
- Communicate regularly with students by phone and through the use of our WebMail system;
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Spanish in grades K- 12
- Experience teaching AP Spanish Language
- Holds a valid state teaching certificate in: MI
- Willingness and ability to obtain certification in other states as requested (holding valid certification in multiple states is a plus)
- Strong technology skills (proficiency with MS Office programs or Google Apps is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer focused approach and commitment to student achievement
- High degree of flexibility, especially regarding grade level course assignments
- Log in daily to ensure emails, WebMail messages and phone calls are returned within 24 hours
- Provide feedback to students in a timely manner and grade assessments within the required timeframe
- Attend check-in meetings with your supervisor twice per month (or as scheduled)
- Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students’ well-being and personal information, including following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws
- Adjuncts can expect to work up to 20 hours per week, including regular office hours (minimum of 3 hours per week), grading assessments, and hosting synchronous online sessions for each course assigned
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed, to support some families
Schedule — Full time, requires some evening hours.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Yes, click here for benefit package details.
More Information — Review and apply with Connections Academy here.