The Job — Social Communities and Content Manager for Best Friends
Location — Telecommute offered
Job Responsibilities — From the company job listing:
- Develop overall social media content marketing strategy and goals for the organization to grow followers, increase website traffic, drive organic social revenue and engage audiences to contribute to the organizational goal to Save Them All
- Work collaboratively with Director, Digital Fundraising and Senior Manager, National Marketing to maintain organizational editorial calendar.
- Responsible for managing social media OOP budget including allocated portion advertising line item to support channel growth and social media team goals
- Lead a team of social media community managers and interns in the daily execution of social media campaigns; provide professional development and coaching as appropriate.
- Establish the organizational best practices for social engagement, leading the creative development and implementation of social campaigns in support of interdepartmental programs and events
- Maintain social media editorial calendar to define optimal communications strategy on social channels. Work collaboratively with digital, imagery, marketing and corporate partners teams to sync with other department calendars for optimal multichannel campaign performance
- Work collaboratively with the director of PR to develop strategy and grow live stream programming both nationally and via local program social sites
- Work collaboratively with the digital fundraising team to grow organic social revenue and convert followers to supporters through multichannel campaign integration and new giving opportunities
- Oversee social post development process and response library, and lead social messaging in crises situations (with support from director of PR/content)
- Co-manage the development and execution a social media influencer and blogger ambassador strategy to support Best Friends’ PR and social media goals
- Track, measure and report overall impact of social media programs to key stakeholders (ad hoc as needed)
- Oversee vendors, tools and functionalities that help further the impact of social across all communication. Make recommendations on how to develop and advance the organization’s social media capabilities, including new tools and platforms
- Manage Sanctuary and local program cities’ social strategy and ensure those teams are set up to best utilize the social media properties they manage
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree required.
- Strong writing is a must.
- Online marketing or public relations experience required, including experience with managing, social communities and online advertising.
- Experience with social media management platforms, basic HTML, and social media apps preferred.
- Knowledge of social analytics and third party tracking (Simply Measured, Radian 6, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to work across departments ensuring deliverables and deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Track record of successful creative campaign tactics that ladder up to an overall strategy.
- The ideal candidate would be organized, self motivated, creative, resourceful, professional, upbeat, energetic, collaborative (thrives in a distributed team structure), flexible, and able to take both initiative and direction.
- Passionate interest and experience in animal welfare preferred, even in a volunteer capacity (understanding of basic issues within animal welfare required).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Must have proficiency with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google programs such as Gmail and Drive). Also demonstrated knowledge of emerging media, and proficiency within social media websites a must. May include, but not limited to:
- Google Plus
- Blogs, blogging
- Mobile apps and platforms
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised.
Benefits — Full benefits advertised.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.