Location — Full telecommute.
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
- Monitors the Internet for topics, events and ideas that Upworthy can uniquely elevate, or respond to
- Pitches ideas for original stories and angles on current issues that help elevate the public conversation
- Fearlessly takes on any story assignment from their editor
- Quickly builds story packages
- Dreams up and builds basic graphics and/or visual story components
- Develops thumbnails, headlines, and other clickable, shareable visual and verbal clues for each story
- As time allows, optimizes the story package via rigorous testing
- Tracks and improves qualitative and quantitative results over time
- Enjoys a generally flexible work schedule, but is available to work scheduled shifts (occasionally on evenings or weekends) to cover live events and respond to breaking stories, as assigned
- Develops a presence and following on social media channels
- Is able to write 5 to 7 stories a week; meets any and all requirements as set by the editors
- Is a supportive and reliable member of the larger editorial team
- Is fast but detail oriented. Responds quickly. Writes clean copy. Willing to take on any story and make it soar.
- Flexible. Willing to roll with changes to processes or goals, and eager to learn and employ new skills
- Has strong virtual communication skills and is a calm team player under tight deadline pressure
- Has a vibrant, active presence on social media, specifically Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr.Has 3+ years professional experience in at least one of the following areas:
Journalism / reporting / writing / editing / documentary work
Comedy writing / songwriting
Graphic design / art / visual communication
Spoken word / performance / acting / improv
Copywriting / marketing / online marketing / advertising
Employee or Contract — Employee
Benefits — Health insurance and company stake offered. 401k after six months.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.