Location — Work from home
Job Responsibilities — From the company job advertisement:
- Advise students and families related to academics, career planning and graduation;
- Keep abreast of all high school graduation requirements, including special requirements such as community service, and communicate this information to the Senior Manager of Counseling and to the Principal;
- Assist students and parents with the secondary school course selection process according to specific state credit and graduation requirements and student needs and interests. An integral part of this process is assisting students and parents to develop a Four Year Plan for meeting graduation requirements;
- Advise students with issues related to dropping courses and changing schedules, seeking support as needed, while ensuring that the school’s course selection and drop policies are adhered to;
- Review student transcripts and the entry of credits into the online transcript system;
- Follow procedures to ensure that International Connections Academy transcripts are accurate and up-to-date;
- Work with the administrative assistants to obtain school records from the student’s previous school (where applicable) and forwarding student records when appropriate;
- Implement programs for students and families related to interpersonal adjustment issues;
- Work with school teams to identify and help families access school and community resources;
- Participate in the development of crisis prevention and management plans for the school and serve as a key member of the Student Support Team (SST);
- Coordinate a team of high school teachers to help identify students who are “at risk” or “in crisis”; Act as the main point of contact for these students and families, communicating regularly with them;
- Oversee and maintain the Personal Learning Plan (PLP) for each student;
- Implement efforts to secure complete and accurate records for International Connections Academy students;
- Support families through the school withdrawal process, assisting with data collection regarding withdrawal;
- Report and refer critical incidents that jeopardize student well-being as obligated by law, administrative regulations, or ethical standards. Stay abreast of all state regulations relating to incident reporting and documentation;
- Assist teachers when students enroll mid-semester, making sure that teachers receive guidance on integrating the students into their coursework, and ensuring that previous grades, credits, and evaluations are handled appropriately;
- Communicate with the Curriculum Team to ensure that curriculum offerings meet state requirements;
- Implement special programs such as Advanced Placement support, SAT and ACT Preparation, and college entrance preparation;
- Understand the requirements for and assist the principal to facilitate the administration of all high school testing, including exit exams, PSAT, SAT, ACT, and AP exams;
- Help students to research and understand their post-secondary career and educational options;
- Assist with student preparation of applications for college and jobs;
- Educate students and parents about college admissions requirements and financial aid;
- Support professional development activities for teachers and school staff members;
- Assume teaching and grading duties as necessary including teaching elective courses;
- Coordinate high school graduation ceremonies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certification in School Counseling in any state
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Team player with demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast-paced environment
Schedule — Full time, flexible.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Yes, click here for details.
More Information — Review and apply with Connections Academy here.