The Job — Retention Representative for UnitedHealth
Location — Telecommute, advertised in Brooklyn, NY
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
- Contact individuals who need to recertify in order to maintain their benefits and deliver the highest level of professional marketing and customer service standards with potential members successfully recertifying members in a consistent manner that meets and exceeds the minimum performance standards as defined in the Retention Representative Performance Management Plan. Utilizing outbound phone calls, written correspondence, e-mail, SMS texting notification, etc. to advise families about recertification requirements and timeframes and premium billing deadlines to facilitate these processes for our customers.
- Works with field Supervisor, Manager, Outreach Staff and Provider Advocates to manage all lines of business (MA, CHP, EP) to maximize retention potential by 1.) Following the pre-approved retention strategy to increase monthly membership retention rate. 2.) Attending company supported outreach events and partnership meetings to explore collaborations that will assist retention strategies. 3.) Creating additional strategies designed to increase enrollment growth. 4.) Identify new methodologies for tracking and reporting the department’s overall performance. Consistently submit applications across all product lines (where applicable) within an acceptable rejection rate level that meets and exceeds the minimum performance standard as defined in the Retention Representatives Performance Management Plan. At Management’s discretion, assist the Marketing Department in day-to-day operations. Assist with walk-in customers as needed.
- Enroll new members, educate clients on how to use the plan and maintain contact with applicants to insure accurate completion of all applications with required documentation as well as follow through on the established procedures for the timely and efficient submission of these applications. Foster good communications and maintain tracking mechanisms related to current workflow management.
- Represent UHC at various marketing sites, community events and during customer home visits as directed by Marketing Management. TA management’s discretion, assist the Marketing Department in day-to-day operations.
- Adherence to all policies, procedures and workflows (i.e., timely submission of time sheets and expense reports). Follow all policies and procedures.
- Take inbound calls from the Leads team to preliminarily screen potential members for UHC products and follow through to enrollment by setting up appointments for those who appear to qualify. Coordinate resolution from the Lead Team, Enrollment Department, and Customer Service and Marketing staff.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of Face to Face Customer Service experience
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience with clerical and administrative tasks
- 100% travel to patient locations within the NY area
Schedule — Full time, flexible.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews on United Health
Benefits — Full benefits offered.
More Information — Review and apply with UnitedHealth here.