The Job — Patient Account Specialist for Dupage Medical
Location — Telecommute available after 90 days, office in Lisle, IL
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the main point of contact for inquiries related to patient accounts. The CSR will be versed in all aspects of the revenue cycle (registration, health plan benefits, deductibles, co-pays, adjustments, collections, etc.) and will work toward first call resolution. The CSR will also escalate to appropriate internal departments and is responsible for following up with the patient to provide an outcome.
- Provide exemplary customer service via telephone to patients, providers, business partners and co-workers
- Answer patient inquires and concerns regarding their account status
- Resolve account balances by taking payments, setting up payment plans or screening for financial hardship
- Identify billing, coding and health plan coverage issues and escalate appropriately for proper resolution
- Act as a patient advocate by providing information and education on health plan benefits, billing and the reimbursement process to the patient
- Update and load health plan coverage
- Respond to inquires via voice mail, MyChart, email, etc., in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to patients looking for a DMG physician / location
- Excellent verbal and written communication – correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Active listener – anticipate patient needs and give high priority to their satisfaction
- Effective in identifying, analyzing and solving problems – generate alternatives and provide appropriate solutions
- Proven ability to multitask within a fast paced environment
- Proficient with using multiple computer programs and applications simultaneously
- Must type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Foster teamwork and support change within the organization
Schedule — No details given
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Yes
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.