Location — Telecommute
Job Responsibilities — From the job listing:
Individuals who can transcribe dictated reports from patrol officers and case notes from detectives. These audio file are available 24/7/365. We require contractors to complete claimed projects within 3 hours or less 24/7/365.
In order to be successful, contractors should be able to transcribe and proof a minimum of 10 minutes of audio in 1 hour. Contractors must be able to follow each customer’s specifications and/or templates so attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions is essential for this opportunity.
- You must be a citizen of the United States, residing in the United States
- Be able to begin immediately
- You must have a PC that can run a transcription software package of your choosing, a foot pedal and good, noise-cancelling headphones.
- You must have audio transcription experience
- Type at least 65 words per minute
- Have excellent grammar and proof reading skills
- Have a very strong attention to detail
- Be able to type and then proof your documents to 99% accuracy
- Be able to consistently claim audios, as needed, multiple times per week
- Ideally you will have or be able to obtain a high speed Internet connection
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy and be proficient with Microsoft Word and can return the transcript file in a Microsoft Word .doc format, as well as acclimate yourself to customer “special formats.”
- Be able to proficiently use Search Engines, a Web browser and email
Schedule — Part time, variable
Employee or Contract — Contractor
Benefits — None
More Information — Review and apply for this position here.