The Job — French Teacher for Connections Academy
Location — Telecommute, advertised in Ohio
Job Responsibilities — From the Connections Academy job listing:
- Communicate with parents/learning coaches, students and other teachers via the phone, WebMail, asynchronous discussions and synchronous “conferencing”;
- Instruct students, monitor student work, provide feedback, and suggest instructional approaches and strategies;
- Monitor completion of assignments in the given subject area;
- Score assessments and projects in the given subject area;
- Communicate with Advisory teachers and school counselors; report student issues and coordinate communication schedules;
- Conduct online tutorial and instructional sessions for students (utilizing online conferencing software);
- Develop a very detailed knowledge of the curriculum for which responsible (subject expert);
- Provide struggling students (and parents) with alternate strategies and additional assistance;
- Complete all required training sessions throughout the year; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach French in Ohio (appropriate to grade level and subject responsibilities)
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Experience with online instruction is a plus
- Must own a computer with high speed Internet access that meets Connections Academy’s minimum technology specifications (http://www.connectionsacademy.com/technology/technology_requirements.asp).
- Must maintain posted office hours for at least 3 hours per week on two separate weekdays between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm
- Complete required orientation and training programs at the beginning of the school year.
- May be required to attend training and/or meetings at the school office throughout the school year (frequency dependent on proximity to office)
- Comply with all provisions of the Connections Academy Work At-Home Policy.
Schedule — Full time, flexible
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Read Glassdoor salary reviews here.
Benefits — Yes.
More Information — Review and apply with Connections Academy here.