Location — Work at home, advertised in Washington D.C.
Job Responsibilities — From the SmartBrief job description:
Can you condense a complex article in two sentences?
Can you meet multiple daily deadlines?
SmartBrief is seeking freelance writers to help create daily e-mail newsletters across multiple industries, including media, health care, education, energy and food & beverage.
– Search the Web to locate news articles and other information sources of interest to senior executives.
– Select and summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in e-mail publications.
– Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
– Proven writing skills. (A timed test is given)
-Ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline.
-Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information on the Web.
– Knowledge of Associated Press style.
-Facility for using online publishing tools.
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
-Proven record of sharing responsibilities and managing multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
Schedule — Overnights, or earlier than 5AM. Will be 2-4 hours per day.
Employee or Contract — Contract.
Compensation — Negotiable.
Benefits — None advertised on the job listing.
More Information — Review and apply by visiting the SmartBrief job page.