Location — Home Office
Job Responsibilities — From the WestEd job posting:
• Write original and unique ELA assessment items for a variety of WestEd projects. Item types may include selected response, open ended, performance event, and/or technology enhanced. Strong consideration will be given to applicants with experience in writing items that are technology enhanced. Ensure that items meet WestEd writing guidelines and specifications as well as project specific guidelines. Create all required metadata fields associated with each item written
• Create scoring materials for rubric-scored item types
• Develop a deep understanding of provided project materials (standards, item specifications, style guides, etc.)
• Work collaboratively with content leads and coordinators assigned to projects
• Demonstrate growth and improvement as necessary during item writing cycle for each project
• Attend kick-off meetings and all trainings for each project
• Degree in English or a related field (Master’s degree preferred, but not required)
• Strong ELA content knowledge, specifically for grades 3–high school (Grades K–2 experience highly desirable, but not required.)
• Thorough knowledge of the CCSS for Reading, Writing, and Language
• Teaching experience or a background in ELA
• Significant assessment item writing experience for large-scale assessments to the increased rigor of the CCSS
• Ability to follow detailed rules, guidelines, and processes for writing assessment items
• Experience developing technology-enhanced items
• Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and creativity
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to meet regular deadlines
• Ability to receive and act upon feedback and review
• Ability to communicate and send files via email and the Internet
• Ability to learn web-based item development system
Schedule — Part time, flexible.
Employee or Contract — Contract.
Compensation — $22 – 32 per item completed.
Benefits — None advertised.
More Information — Apply with WestEd here.