The Job — Editorial Director for The Grow Network
Location — Telecommute
Job Responsibilities — From the Problogger job posting:
- Building and maintaining a relationship with our email subscriber list by sending them useful information related to growing food, natural health, and homesteading between 2 and 3 times per week.
- Working in partnership with our founder, Marjory Wildcraft, our Marketing Director, and our Affiliate Manager to establish and rollout a joint editorial and marketing calendar.
- Recruiting, motivating, and managing writers (a.k.a. our “JV Bloggers”); assigning topics, receiving articles, providing feedback, and preparing incoming content for publication (editing, polishing, proofreading).
- Preparing newsletters for email distribution via Maropost.
- Uploading articles & content to our WordPress site.
- Managing the delivery our monthly paid subscription newsletter & webinar. (Delivered via our private website.)
- Managing topic experts (not always professional writers) contracted to create information products – books, guides, reports, courses – to ensure timely delivery of the product.
- Editing and laying out reports, guides, courses, etc. for distribution (in both print and digital formats).
- Researching and writing original content.
- Creating and maintaining a company style guide.
- A passion for homegrown food and good health. (You have a garden, or perhaps chickens – you are producing some of your own food, in some way).
- At least 5 years of full-time experience editing content for digital/web distribution.
- Significant experience wrangling teams of writers.
- Experience editing both short copy (articles 500 words or less) as well as books, guides, courses, or reports that exceed 50+ pages. Bonus points if you’ve edited anything longer than 200+ pages.
- Significant experience managing an editorial calendar in a fast-paced environment with a high number of monthly deliverables.
- A writing style that is warm, personal, and engaging.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience using an email marketing solution like Maropost.
- Ability to set your own ambitious goals and hit self-imposed deadlines without someone looking over your shoulder.
- Additional nice-to-have skills include working knowledge of InDesign, InfusionSoft, HTML & CSS, Basecamp, Amazon S3, and Highrise.
Schedule — Full time, flexible.
Employee or Contract — Contract (W-9)
Compensation — Not advertised.
Benefits — None advertised.
More Information — Review and apply via Problogger.