The Job — Direct Reservation Sales Agent for Holland America
Location — Work at home, advertised in Washington state.
Job Responsibilities — From the company job page:
- Apply professional sales techniques in the promotion and sale of cruises and Land and Sea Journeys for direct consumers (primary) and Travel Professionals. Demonstrate sales effectiveness by securing deposits on reservations made.
- Providing superior customer service; research and answer all questions/concerns related to company product and/or specifically the customer’s reservation.
- Proactively assist direct consumers or Travel Professionals with problems that might occur on a reservation; work with other departments or supervisor in an effort to resolve the problem in a courteous/timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and management thru both oral and written communication.
- Provide customers accurate information consistent with department standards, document customer information, recap itinerary and advise of correct terms and conditions
- Work independently as a work at home agent, meeting sales and performance metrics, and adherence and availability requirements. Adhere to department Quality Assurance guidelines for customer contacts and utilizes feedback to improve performance and customer experience.
- Previous sales experience required, preferably in the travel or hospitality industry
- Self-motivated by personal performance, self-starter and quick learner.
- Comfortable providing sales thru delivering quality customer service on all calls.
- Ability to work independently from home and meet sales performance metrics, adherence and availability requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, website navigation and performance of key word searches.
- Must have a quiet work area at home, free of noise and distractions
- Must have high speed broadband internet service in area of residence available for business line connection
Schedule — Willing to work a schedule inclusive of 3 weekday shifts of 10:30 – 7p and scheduled Saturday/Sunday shifts 8:30 – 5p
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised – click here to read Glassdoor salary reviews on this company.
Benefits — Medical, dental, 401k and other benefits offered.
More Information — Review and apply with Holland America.