Location — Telecommute
Job Responsibilities — From the American Express job page:
As a Cruise Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our Card Members by booking international and domestic travel arrangements, cruise, tour, air, car, and hotel reservations.
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the Card Members’ experience from beginning to endStaying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- Creating innovative ways to resolve Card Members’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
- If you know what it takes to provide a true ‘luxury’ experience, this may be the role for you.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience booking travel services
- Superior domestic and international destination knowledge
- Cruise experience and CLIA certification preferred
- GDS/computer reservations experience is required, Sabre is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure coupled with an orientation for quality sales
- The customer experience is our top focus, so it is required to have extraordinary customer service skills, to provide excellent service to our customers.
- This position requires decisive and successful problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use the Internet effectively to service customer needs
- The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Must have a can do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Willingness to accept frequent feedback and openness to incorporate changes in service style
- Candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform in a team environment
- This position requires flexibility to work various shifts as determined by customer call volumes and business needs
Schedule — Tuesday to Friday 11:45am to 8:15 PM, Sat 9am to 5:30PM EST.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews on American Express.
Benefits — Full benefits plus 401k offered.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.