The Job — Cruise and Tour Consultant for American Express
Location — Work from home available.
Job Responsibilities — From the American Express job posting:
The main responsibility of either role is to provide extraordinary service, destination and supplier consultancy, and the sale of value added services.
As a Tour and Cruise Consultant, you will also:
- Create memorable travel experiences for our Card Members by booking international and domestic travel arrangements, cruise, tour, air, car, and hotel reservations.
- Take ownership of the Card Members’ experience from beginning to end
- Stay ahead of industry trends and continuously build destination knowledge
- Creatively resolve Card Members’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others.
- Minimum of 3 years of booking experience in all areas of travel
- Superior knowledge of domestic and international destinations
- Tour or Cruise booking experience for the luxury market. CLIA certification preferred
- GDS/computer reservations experience is required, Sabre is preferred
- Being a life longer learner, and having the ability to consult about emerging destinations is essential to be successful
- Ability to work under pressure coupled with an orientation for quality sales
- The customer experience is our top focus, so it is required to have extraordinary customer service skills, to provide excellent service to our customers.
- This position requires decisive and successful problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use the Internet effectively to service customer needs
- The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Must have a can-do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Willingness to accept frequent feedback and openness to incorporate changes in service style
- This candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform in a team environment
- This position requires flexibility to work various shifts as determined by customer call volumes and business needs
Schedule — Hours may vary between: Monday–Friday; 8:00am–8:00pm ET, Saturday–Sunday; 9:00am–5:30pm ET
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here to read Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Full benefits and 401k offered
More Information — Review and apply with American Express.