The Job — Claims National General Adjuster for CNA Insurance
Location — Work from home offered (Illinois)
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
Handles highly complex commercial property claims, in the field, generally with loss exposure of $1M to $5M by conducting on-site inspections, managing investigations, including coverage issues, liability, compensability and damages.
Determines if a major claim should be settled or litigated and implements an appropriate resolution strategy accordingly. Effectively manages loss costs and claim expenses.
Manages all types of investigative activity or litigation on major claims, including the posting of appropriate reserves in a timely manner. Coordinates discovery and litigation strategy with staff counsel or panel attorneys.
Negotiates highly complex settlement packages, and authorizes payment within scope of authority, settling claims in most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
Makes recommendations on claims processes and resolution strategies to management.
Analyzes claims activities; prepares and presents reports to management and other internal business partners and clients.
Works with attorneys, account representatives, agents, doctors insureds and subrogation/salvage unit regarding the handling and/or disposition of highly complex claims.
Keeps current on state/territory regulations and issues, industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
Provides guidance and assistance to less experienced claims staff and other functional areas, and assists with CAT claims as needed.
Responsible for input of data that accurately reflects claim circumstances and other information important to our business outcomes.
1. Advanced technical and product specific expertise, claims resolution skill and knowledge of insurance and claims principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
7. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
8. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
9. Ability to evaluate claims based on a cost benefit analysis.
10. Ability to fully comprehend complex claim facts and issues; and to further articulate analyses of claims in presentations to business partners and management as well as in internal reports.
11. Ability to implement strategies with a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
12. Must be able to travel to visit loss sites and perform on-site inspections.
13. Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.
Schedule — Full time, flexible
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised.
Benefits — Yes, click here for details.
More Information — Review and apply by clicking here.