Location — Telecommute available
Job Responsibilities — From the company job posting:
- Analyzes, evaluates, investigates, and makes critical determinations in accordance with policy provisions and government regulations; exercising limited discretion in the application of rules, and procedures for claim handling and determinations. May initiate payment or denial of disability claims according to policy provisions and procedures.
- Adheres to the Supervisor Review process that has been established.
- Ensures objectives are met and performs quality reviews as required, and performs issue resolution with analysts and employers.
- Establishes and promotes best practice claims management processes, and actively engages in networking with internal and external business partners. Facilitates/participates in team meetings and conference calls.
- Communicates process changes and compliance issues to new staff.
- Communicates with external and internal customers regarding specific claim information and department policies and procedures. May provide various reports to internal and/or external customers.
- May assist in the work direction of day-to-day activities or act as a back-up for the Supervisor position. Participates in training, coaching, reauditing and performance appraisal processes.
- Remains current on Company and industry changes, federal and state legislation and regulations, as well as changes in internal processes and procedures.
- Identifies and eliminates waste in processes that will result in focused effort on value add service to the customer. Participates in innovative and creative wasy to sustain process change.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- Disability claim processing experience (2 or more years required).
- Proven leadership and/or mentoring experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of policies, practices, and procedures in a business environment.
- Strong knowledge/skill in presentation, electronic mail, data entry, plus PC knowledge to include various software packages e.g. Word, Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work somewhat independently and apply a sense of urgency.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and realize when to escalate an issue.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment
Schedule — Full time, flexible
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for salary reviews from Glassdoor.
Benefits — Yes, click here for benefits overview.
More Information — Review and apply at the Mutual of Omaha job page.