The Job — Certified Medical Coder for Humana
Location — Work from home, must be in Nashville area.
Job Responsibilities — From the job posting:
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
- Provide support, education and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards.
- Provide real time support and coordination with Primary Care Providers and Care Coordinators for MRA coding, HEDIS and STARS.
- Coordinate with clinical leadership in the development of provider training plans and for active support in the training process.
- Organize and schedule periodic training as indicated from chart review results, and/or as requested by medical leadership or CBO management.
- Monitor Coding changes to ensure that most current information is available.
- Provides coding support to CBO as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- CPC, CRC, or CCS-P Coding Certification or CPC-A with coding experience
- Minimum of 18 months of prior medical coding experience
- Strong organization and process management skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Training and presentation experience
- Excellent written verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to drive to provider offices in the Memphis and surrounding areas approximately 3-4 days weekly
Schedule — Full time, flexible
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Full benefits package.
More Information — Review and apply here.