The Job — Blog Editor for Magoosh
Location — Telecommute offered
Job Responsibilities — From the company job listing:
- Edit, format, and publish blog posts written by our team of 25+ bloggers across 15+ blogs using WordPress
- Ensure that content adheres to Magoosh style and tone
- Source, create, and add visual elements to blog posts
- Ensure accuracy and efficacy of the advice we give students
- Ensure new posts are effectively optimized for search engine results (SEO)
- Post to social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
- Are a skilled copy editor with strong attention to detail
- Have outstanding writing skills—are a grammar maven with a clear, friendly writing style
- Are passionate about editing, writing, and education
- Have experience using WordPress and familiarity with WordPress plugins
- Know your way around basic HTML and CSS
- Have some design chops and can use Canva
- Understand SEO best practices and what it takes to get a post to rank
- Are always “plugged in” and very responsive online
- Have a BA or BS
- Have at least 2 years experience as a copy editor, blog editor, or similar
Schedule — 15 hours per week to start.
Employee or Contract — Contract
Compensation — $30 per hour advertised.
Benefits — None offered.
More Information — Review and apply with Magoosh here.