The Job — Associate Claims Representative for United Health
Location — Telecommute available
Job Responsibilities — From the United Health job posting:
- Review, research, analyze and process complex healthcare claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and accurately capturing the data/information for processing (e.g. verify pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate tools, processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/ certificates tool)
- Complete data entry for all daily documentation and communicate the status of claims adhering to reporting requirements
- Communicate through correspondence with members and providers regarding claim payment or required information using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Learn and leverage new systems and training resources to help apply claims processes/procedures appropriately (e.g. on-line training classes, coaches/mentors)
- Meet and maintain the performance goals established for the position in the areas of quality, production and attendance
- An education level of at least a high school diploma, GED or equivalent working experience
- 1 year of work experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service) preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and leaning new computer programs.
- Ability to multi-task which includes understanding multiple insurance products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including the required training period
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group of new hire training program and demonstrate proficiency through testing and practical application
Schedule — Full time, flexible during business hours
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised. Click here for Glassdoor salary reviews.
Benefits — Full benefits offered.
More Information — Review and apply with United Health here.