Location — Telecommute, must live in Texas.
Job Responsibilities — From the Connections Academy job posting:
Working out of their home, the Adjunct Teacher will “virtually” manage subject-specific instructional programs. Compensation will be based on the specific course workload and number of enrolled students.
· Communicate with parents/learning coaches, students and other teachers via the phone, WebMail, asynchronous discussions and synchronous “conferencing”;
· Instruct students, monitor student work, provide feedback, and suggest instructional approaches and strategies;
· Monitor completion of assignments in the given subject area;
· Score assessments and projects in the given subject area;
· Communicate with Advisory teachers and school counselors; report student issues and coordinate communication schedules;
· Conduct online tutorial and instructional sessions for students (utilizing online conferencing software);
· Develop a very detailed knowledge of the curriculum for which responsible (subject expert);
· Provide struggling students (and parents) with alternate strategies and additional assistance;
· Complete all required training sessions throughout the year; and
· Other duties as assigned.
Highly qualified and certified to teach Art in Texas (appropriate to grade level and subject responsibilities); ACP candidates are not eligible
Must have or be willing to get TxVSN credential before you start teaching for the 2014-2015 school year.
Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office)
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Customer focused approach
High degree of flexibility
Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
Team player track record
Experience with online instruction is a plus
Must own a computer with high speed Internet access that meets Connections Academy’s minimum technology specifications (http://www.connectionsacademy.com/technology/technology_requirements.asp).
Must maintain posted office hours for at least 3 hours per week on two separate weekdays between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm
Complete required orientation and training programs at the beginning of the school year.
May be required to attend training and/or meetings at the school office throughout the school year (frequency dependent on proximity to office)
Comply with all provisions of the Connections Academy Work At-Home Policy.
Schedule — Full time flexible, may include some night hours.
Employee or Contract — Employee
Compensation — Not advertised.
Benefits — Yes, click here for an overview.
More Information — Review and apply here with Texas Connections Academy.